23 July, 2009

Maya Feature Creature Creations


Todd Palamar, Maya Feature Creature Creations
Charles River | ISBN: 1584505478 | 2008 | PDF | 309 pages | 13.53 MB

When I was growing up, there were almost no learning resources at my disposal. Trial and error is extremely frustrating. Around the age of seven, I saw an interview with Ray Harryhausen on the making of Clash of the Titans. That was the first “making of ” I’d seen. He discussed making foam puppets from sculptures and placing ball-and-socket joints inside to give them the ability to be positioned one frame at a time. I turned to my father and said, “Dad, I need some ball-and-socket joints.” Years passed. My thirst for knowledge grew exponentially. I watched every movie and read every article that implied “How they did it.” I picked up tidbits of information, nothing more than buzzwords really. Until one day, I found a magazine called Cinemagic at a collector’s shop. This magazine didn’t just describe the entire process of creating a special effect in one paragraph; it actually had step-by-step instructions with photos. More importantly, it told how to do it on a shoestring budget and where to buy the materials. My 12-year-old world exploded. I was officially making movies. I bought back issue after back issue, and I couldn’t wait for a new issue to arrive. Suddenly, they stopped coming. Not even a year after finding it, the magazine had been cancelled.

Download:
Link_1
.

No comments:

Post a Comment